Bilingual Learning at Kingdom Kids
Aiming a bigger exposure to English Language,Kingdom Kids introduced the Bilingual Learning in 2014. It is rich in terms of stimulation and also as an instrument to integrate our students.
The fundamental school’s activities are according to Glenn Doman’s philosophy and Haward Gardner multiple intelligences. Through these foundations, our bilingual method offers access and pleasure of language learning to our students.
The advantages of bilingual exposure are: increase of children’s abilities, which grow listening and speaking a second language; access to the global world and:
On cognitive area:
- Bilingualism increases child’s mental flexibility. Bilingual people have two or more words to define from a simple object to a concept or idea.
- Bilingual children are more prompt to learn a third or many other languages they want.
- Children who learn a second language can express themselves better and are more successful studentsof math and logic thinking compared to children that learned a single language.
- Learn a second language helps to build self-esteem, problem solving and math abilities.
On Interpersonal Relations:
- Bilingual children are capable of maintain a better sense of identity, once they learn and develop more sensibility to other cultures and individuals.
- Bilingual childrenare more aware of their interlocutor’s needs, being more attentive on how to express themselves.
From professional point of view:
Since they know two languages, children who were raised on a bilingual environment is going to be in advantage compared to others in the competitive work market (a reality nowadays) as well as on post-degrees selections, since they are already fluent in a foreign language. This way, they can focus their learning in a different area of knowledge.
Benefits of the early immersion in a foreign language:
In order to obtainthe full advantage of a foreign language learning process, the exposure to it should happen as soon as possible. The opportunities of speaking a second language with fluency are increased if it begins during the early childhood, once human brain is naturally predisposed to learn different languages during this age range, more than in others.
Reference: Berkeley Bilingual School, California.